Wednesday 2 July 2008

It's not much fun

My left arm feels faintly funny. four test tubes of blood were taken from it today and it feels dead and heavy, I’m sure its not considered good practice to remove this much blood from a pregnant woman.

A friend of mine informed me today that:

“[she is] queen of Maggots now, 3 pigeons died in our extractor fan so our kitchen became showered in maggots! Thus we are moving…”

Talking about unhygienic, we seem to have more than our fair share of flies in the house, the wheelie bin has become stinky in the July heat and the drains occasionally smell. I think the most unhygienic-hygienic thing that we have going is the compost bin.

HM is getting all weird about Down syndrome and testing. I suppose he has a point. They do one test that shows if you are at high risk for having anything like that and then back it up with another test (if you are high risk – high risk meaning 1:250) that has a 1:100 chance of inducing a miscarriage. To be fair the mere thought of a nine inch needle stuck into my pregnant stomach is enough to make me have a miscarriage. HM says he doesn’t like me talking about it, or about the ritual blood-letting I was subjected to this morning. If he’s going to be like this then what’s he going to be like at the birth?