Wednesday 14 May 2008

Gaa Goo!

Well the world has “flipped turned upside down” for me and I’m not even Will Smith in some very bad 90’s neon clothes. .. I’ve told a few people so the roomers will begin soon enough. I’m having a baby; HM and I are having our first child together. It’s ok actually; it does a weird thing to your brain. Firstly, nothing really matters anymore, like that feeling that you have when you don’t want to send things out for fear of rejection letters, or worst still... nothing! Actually disappears. You just do it anyway and you don’t care, it’s like providing for you and someone else nowadays.
HM has a fairly good job. He’s paid especially well and works a minimum of hours. It looks like I won’t be returning to work for a few years, nor will I have the time to really write, so I’m seriously considering the teaching as background. I applied for a part time lecturer position at Leicester college but I recon that there isn’t a chance in hell of me getting that (seeing as I’ll start work then take time off immediately for maternity leave!) does not bode well!
Bruntwood appears again so that £15000 cash prize looks very tempting to our little family. We’ll be desperate for money!!! (Actually we aren’t that bad off)

HM says I’m getting Wii fit for Xmas L

2 comments:

Lucy Ann Wade said...

Yes, make sure you enter that, and the Rod Hall one too (Paines Plough's writing comp).

And Congrats again! x

andallthatcouldhavebeen said...

Rod Hull?