Wednesday 28 May 2008

Baby Blues

Not that I’ve actually really got them, it’s just that what comes with being pregnant is beginning to drive me mad:

  1. Weird Cravings – I’m not kidding, I just went to the shop and bought cherry pie with extra cherries. I only want cherry flavoured things and actual cherries. I usually don’t give 2 hoots about this!
  2. Feeling Sick – it just sucks, I wouldn’t mind if I was actually sick.
  3. Smells – things STINK! I’m not kidding. If someone walks by you with a bit of BO it smells like an entire sweaty football team has paraded by rubbing their socks under you nose
  4. Poo – nobody tells you about this and it’s a shock when you experience it.
  5. Tiredness – I can sleep for England and then some at the moment
  6. Over Emotional – nearly cried at Britain’s got Talent yesterday. Not a good sign.

In other non-baby related news, I have managed to get Alcatraz finished to a certain point and posted to both Paines Plough and the comp in Manchester. See, the problem with writing isn’t just doing it, what the hell do I do with a finished script? Oh yes, I nearly forgot, I cry and don’t send it anywhere for fear of being laughed at by some type of literati. I’ve emailed it to a few for eye-glancing feedback. If anyone else would like a copy then just tell me, I’d rather not force it down people’s throats on a mass YOU MUST READ THIS!!! Email, it’s just off-putting.

So where is the script going to go? Who am I going to show it to? Well, the support from TWP’s been pretty good and they’ll be my agents, but I’m sure I’ll have to do some groundwork myself. I keep getting told to not just send the script out willy-nilly, but to make sure I know the work the theatre does, well, apart from the Nottingham Playhouse (and most of what they put on wouldn’t drag me out of bed, let alone all the way to Nottingham) I don’t really know what playhouse likes what. I never really bothered with that bit.

Anyway, I’m off-ski to the Far East with my little moleman for a few weeks so I suppose I’ll worry about it when I come back.

2 comments:

Lucy Ann Wade said...

What about the poo??!!!!

Does this mean you are making Hoffmole bathe regularly now in a bid to combat odours?! My friend who's also pregnant feels sick every time she smells tea or coffee. Cherries are lovely!

Send me a copy of the script too please, I'll gladly have a read.

Have a great time on holiday!

andallthatcouldhavebeen said...

well, I suppose it's due to weird eating, sometiems you get wind and sometimes its erm... very difficult to venture far from the toilet! I'll get the script off to you today.