Monday 14 January 2008

well, hello...

Hello My new blog. Suppose I am here to do the expalining as to why the old blog was abandoned. Simple, it's a question of privacy.

It got to the point where my infamy was preceeding me, which is also anoying. And there Was also the problematic thing of people I don’t want being able to find and contact me. So the simple rule with this one is that nobody is going to know where it is or even that it exists.

The blog was always supposed to simply be a writing diary, like somewhere to thoroughly explore ideas in a stream of conscious way to free the imagination and, more importantly, sound as wanky as I desired with no reprisals. The other blog just ended up almost like a social networking site (which I feel are totally terrible and really… why would you want to have inane conversations with people that you don’t like enough to still be friends with now?)

So I suppose the therapeutic thing for me to do now is think about what I am writing now… well there are 2 things.

The novel – I'm a big fan of recycling and the original draft of Daddy was so terrible that I cant really selvedge much from it… except the notion of the trinity of friends and the male figure of threat to that. Arthur is still in it, but as a figment past. The narrator has a name (she is called Sarah. Simple) and is married to Alfie. They live in a cottage out in the sticks with not much money. Their equilibrium of domestic rural happiness is threatened by the narrator’s imminent trip back home to the mean streets of The Narb to bury her old friend. I’m on chapter 5 at the moment. Its strangely fulfilling
The play – septic dive. A simple exercise to strengthen the objectives of playwriting. 4 characters in a rock club set in 1997, the day Labour come to power. It’s a “state of the nation” play through a very insular world that is under threat (although the characters don’t know it)

Chances are ill probably talk about these 2 non stop for the next few months.

No comments: