Saturday 19 January 2008

a new year, a new blog...

A new year a new blog. That’s the way things have always been done.

I’ve been incapacitated with a terrible illness that involves pooing, headaches, tiredness and dizziness. I’ve been terribly unwell for the past few days and subsequently my desire to write has been waning. Shame really as every time an idea hits me it gets confined to a notebook rather than being explored, and forgotten.
I’m utterly dissatisfied with my relationship at the moment. Mouldyworp has been particularly selfish and inattentive... or maybe I feel this just because being ill has depressed me and I feel terrible. Somehow I think the connection we used to have has been lost. It hurts.
In novel terms there are a few things that need to be jotted down here that make sense to nobody but myself. What a relief that it’s only me that reads this blog. What a relief that it looks like there is only me that will read this novel.
· The play within the novel – what’s that all about? This is some type of key, I suppose, she seems to think about Amy Winehouse and she has a dead friend that has died of an overdose... there are illusions to the narrators own drug use... she should find boxes of papers to plagiarise for inspiration in Dianne’s house that the others find slightly unnerving she wants to use.
· Friendship, coupling and the breaking down of friend groups – this is an implicit subtext that needs to feed into the relationship theme.
· Worlds – the city vs. the country – they are particularly close in distance but are worlds apart. The narrator’s reluctance to “let” the city in should be apparent (and vice versa).
· Alfie – dissatisfaction and domesticity. Happiness and frustration. Alfie and rural life should be tied. He and the city should be at odds. He disapproves but he was born from this.
· The past – Arthur. He’s already formed from Toyland.
Alfie did buy me some tarot cards the other day. They are really nice though...
Allthough Capricorn means "the Devil"...

No comments: