Monday 25 February 2008

Standby

I'm on standby, using up precious energy to light a little dot of red LED that has no real use in the world.

I have to keep to this state of standby because I have nothing to write now. I have got to the point of first-draft uselessness and actually compleated the draft of the play and I now have nothing to do but digest.

Every time I look at the draft I think its brilliant. I can see there are a few creases, a few quirks but they will iron out in a little while.

My observation of it's brilliance will fade with time. I do not understand how anybody could not enjoy it, how anybody could not see its potential. Perhaps it is significant that in, maxumum, 4 weeks, I will want to burn it, Chuck it away, dump it in the compost and actually turn myself on for use to try and improve, start again, rebuild from the destruction I have created.

I will be unsatisfied.

I don't really like standby. I prefer to be writing

No comments: